Welcome to Facilities and Grounds
The Director of Facilities and Grounds manages, supervises, and conducts duties to maintain, improve, and modernize all school facilities and grounds. He/she is part of the school decision-making process as a member of the Administrative Team and provides information and updates to the Board of Trustees via that group’s Buildings and Grounds Committee. The current Director is Rob Weel.
The facilities were opened in 1970 and strive to capture the permanence of Fayetteville Academy in the community. From 1970 to 2018, the facilities and grounds have expanded and transformed to better serve the school’s motto of “offering exceptional opportunities to our students in Academics, Arts, and Athletics.” With careful planning and certain progress Fayetteville Academy will preserve its foundational roots while continuing to meet future needs.
Current Facility and Grounds Projects
Harrison Family Tennis Center: Fayetteville Academy is currently renovating and expanding its tennis complex. The new facility will include six courts and new lighting. Completion is expected in 2019.
- 9 Classrooms are receiving new furniture (Courtesy of the Annual Giving Fund-Parents Support)
- 14 Classrooms painted
- New central A/C & Heat units installed in the New Gym and Cafeteria
- 8 new A/C & Heat units installed in the classrooms
- New SMART boards installed
- Front parking lot painted
- Playground painted
- Choir room received permanent risers
- LaCrosse Field preparations were made
- Additional areas and spaces are being renovated for multipurpose use and storage.