Welcome to Facilities and Grounds
The Director of Facilities and Grounds manages, supervises, and conducts duties to maintain, improve, and modernize all school facilities and grounds. He/she is part of the school decision-making process as a member of the Administrative Team and provides information and updates to the Board of Trustees via that group’s Buildings and Grounds Committee. The current Director is Rob Weel.
The facilities were opened in 1970 and strive to capture the permanence of Fayetteville Academy in the community. From 1970 to 2018, the facilities and grounds have expanded and transformed to better serve the school’s motto of “offering exceptional opportunities to our students in Academics, Arts, and Athletics.” With careful planning and certain progress Fayetteville Academy will preserve its foundational roots while continuing to meet future needs.
Current Facility and Grounds Projects (Update Feb 2020)
- Harrison Family Tennis Center: Fayetteville Academy is currently renovating and expanding its tennis complex. The new facility will include six courts and new lighting. Completion is expected in early 2020.
- Lower School SmartLabs®, Fayetteville Academy is currently raising funds to renovate the Wood Technology building which will include transforming the two current science rooms into Lower School SmartLabs®. Completion is expected Summer 2020 in preparation for the 2020-2021 School Year.
Ongoing and completed renovations:
- The gym locker room renovation process is completed with the four locker rooms, both home and visitor being completely renovated
- Girls Visitor Locker Room renovation (completed)
- Boys Visitor Locker Room renovation (completed)
- Boys Home Locker Room renovation (completed)
- New Gym LED lighting installed (Completion March 2020)
- Classroom (28 rooms) LED Lighting (Completion April 2020)
- Upper School Multi-Purpose Room (Completion April 2020)
- Jordan Breezeway painting and lights (Completion April 2020)