F.A. School Cancellation/Delay/Dismissal Procedures
Dear Academy Parents and Faculty Members,
I normally send this email out later in the school year, timed to coincide with the arrival of wintry weather. Hurricane Florence seems to be heading towards our area however and while I hope that none of us will be impacted seriously by the arrival of that storm, I thought it wise to remind you all of the procedures that we use at Fayetteville Academy in regard to weather cancellations, delayed starts, and early closings.
In the event of inclement weather necessitating a school closing or delayed opening, we will make our decision as early as possible and by 7:00 a.m. at the latest. In the event of an early dismissal or cancellation, all other activities that day will also be cancelled and the campus will be closed to everyone. The following steps will also be taken:
- We will post all relevant information and updates on our website (fayacademy.org), our Facebook page, and we will tweet it out to all of our followers via our school Twitter account. I recommend using the website as your main point of information if possible, as that is where any news or updates are posted first and it serves as a surer thing in case of any issues sending email or text messages;
- We will send an email and a text to all the primary parent and faculty/staff contacts listed in our RenWeb1 data base;
- We will contact WTVD, WRAL, NBC Channel 17, and Channel 14 and will have our announcement posted on those television stations.
In the event that inclement weather causes us to have an early dismissal from school the following steps will be taken:
- We will post all relevant information and updates on our website (fayacademy.org), our Facebook page, and we will tweet it out to all our followers via our school Twitter account. See above regarding use of the website as your primary information source;
- We will send an email and a text message to all the primary parent contacts listed in our RenWeb1 data base;
- At my discretion, all members of our administrative team will remain on campus until all other faculty members and students have left campus;
- We ask that you either pick up your child(ren) or have them picked up as soon as possible so that all personnel will have as much time as possible to travel safely to their homes.
We will always do the best we can to make the most appropriate decisions possible regarding weather. We do not take lightly the hardships that cancellations, delays, and early dismissals put on our families, but we also need to try to insure the safety of our students, parents, and employees.
Please remember that you are always encouraged to make the best and safest decision for your family given the specifics of your own situation. If school is operating but you do not feel that it is safe for your family to travel, please stay home. Your student(s) will not be penalized for that absence and they will be allowed to make-up any work that they might miss.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation and understanding during weather emergency situations.
Head of School