Tuition & Financial Aid
Fayetteville Academy is committed to making its educational program as widely available as possible and thus offers a generous financial aid program to qualifying families. We also enthusiastically accept the NC Opportunity Scholarship funds to help defray the cost of an Academy education.
The admissions process is need-blind; thus, financial aid applications should not be completed until after a student has been accepted and enrolled. Once you receive your admissions decision, please reach out to the Admissions Office to learn more about the financial aid process.
(DEPENDING ON AID AWARDED)**
|Pre-K & K
|$7,443 - $14,885
|$8,420 - $16,840
|$8,625 - $17,250
|$8,730 - $17,460
|$8,805 - $17,610
|$9,012 - $18,025
|6th - 8th Grades
|$9,475 - $18,950
|9th - 12th Grades*
|$9,735 - $19,470
* Some courses may require additional fees
** Those families that qualify may receive financial aid up to 50% of tuition.
THIRD-PARTY FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE
There are also third-party sources of assistance available (see the "Financial Assistance" tab) such as the NC Opportunity Scholarship. Any third-party scholarship accepted by Fayetteville Academy is credited toward the family's portion of the tuition.
For example, if a 9th grade student is awarded the maximum amount of financial aid from Fayetteville Academy ($9,735) and also receives $6,600 from the NC Opportunity Scholarship, the family's amount of tuition owed would be only $3,135.
- Additional Expenses
- Application Fee = $80
- Admission Testing (Grades 2-12) = $125 - $205
- Non-Refundable Enrollment Fee = $160
- Fees not included in base tuition:
- Facility Fee - $400
- Security Fee - $175
- Textbook Fee (Pre-K-5) - $185
- First year parents are required to purchase Tuition Insurance (3.6% of tuition, excluding fees)
- Tuition Payment Plans
- Plan I (Monthly) - Spread across 11 months
- Plan II (3-Pay) - Spread across 3 payments (Aug, Nov, Feb)
- Plan III (1-Pay) - Single payment with a 1.5% discount on the tuition portion.
- Auto-draft required on all payment accounts.
- Before and After School Care
- Before Care (7 a.m. - 8:15 a.m.) - $500 annually
- After Care (3 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.) - $1,000 annually
The financial aid program at Fayetteville Academy has been established in an effort to ensure that no qualified applicant is denied admission as a result of financial need and that no current student is compelled to withdraw for financial reasons. In an attempt to make the program equitable, certain procedures and guidelines have been adopted and are in place. Financial aid awards are based on financial need. Decisions on financial aid awards are made by the school’s Financial Aid Committee. We are committed to making this educational opportunity available to a wide range of socio-economic backgrounds.
AN EDUCATION WITHIN REACH
A recent survey of public school parents revealed that a majority would enroll their child in an independent school if they could afford to do so. However, most families assume they could not afford it and never investigate the opportunities. Fayetteville Academy seeks to change that perception within our service area.
The financial assistance program at Fayetteville Academy has been established in an effort to ensure that no qualified applicant is denied admission as a result of financial need and that no current student is compelled to withdraw for financial reasons. Financial assistance is based on financial need, and the Academy does not offer academic scholarships. Inquiring about financial aid options will not in any way negatively impact a child’s chances of admission to the Academy, as the admissions process is “need blind.”
To ensure fair and equitable administration of the financial assistance program, a standardized set of procedures and guidelines have been adopted. Fayetteville Academy partners with an industry-leading agency (School & Student Services) to determine each family’s appropriate tuition; FA does not collect personal family financial information.
We encourage any interested families to contact the Fayetteville Academy Admissions Office to explore their options – an Academy education may be much more affordable than you think!
Contact us at (910) 868-5131 x 3111.
OTHER SOURCES OF AID
Fayetteville Academy also enthusiastically partners with third-party tuition aid programs such as:
- Students must be enrolled before filling out a financial aid application
- Application fee is $60.00
- Maximum financial aid award is up to 50% of the tuition
- Enrollment contract is contingent on acceptance of the amount of aid awarded
- All applicants for financial aid must be eligible for enrollment at Fayetteville Academy.
- The Academy works hard to assist students who qualify for need-based aid; however, each family is expected to make an appropriate financial contribution to the cost of the child's education.
- Financial aid at Fayetteville Academy is purely need-based; we do not offer academic, athletic, or other special scholarships.
- Admission to the Academy is not linked to tuition payment ability. Financial assistance is determined after a prosepctive student is admitted and is independent of admissions decisions.
- New applicants must successfully complete the admissions process, be offered an enrollment space, and enroll before applying for financial aid.
- There is no risk in initial enrollment at the Academy. If a family is not able to afford their portion of the overall tuition after a level of tuition assistance is determined, withdrawal may be made without penalty until June 1.
To ensure fairness and family privacy, Fayetteville Academy uses an industry leading third-party tuition determination service: School and Student Services (SSS). SSS collects and evaluates financial aid application data for Fayetteville Academy.
- To begin the financial aid process, the parent or legal guardian must have an online account with SSS.
- In creating the account, you will need Fayetteville Academy's school code number (3134).
- Please submit all required information directly to SSS during the application process.
- As it helps the Academy in its overall budgeting process, completing the financial aid process as quickly as possible is recommended.
SSS will require a copy of the previous year's filed tax return as well as W-2s and and related tax schedules. Any questions about this process should be directed to email@example.com.
- The maximum amount of aid that can be awarded to qualifying families is up to 50% of tuition. If there is a minimum amount of aid (up to the 50%) required, please email the Business Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) with this information including any special circumstances.
- All academic and other pertinent information applicable to the candidate must be on file prior to consideration for any financial aid.
- Financial aid will be awarded for the current academic year only if all past debts or charges have been paid by June 30. An award of financial aid for any year does not guarantee an enrollment opportunity or an award of financial aid for any subsequent year.
- After evaluation, the Head of School will advise the parent in writing of any financial aid that may be awarded.
- Financial aid will be awarded in installments, prorated by the student's payment plan.
- Financial aid may be discontinued at any time based upon scholastic or other valid reasons as determined by the Head of School and the Financial Aid committee. These may include academic or disciplinary probation, serious honor code violations, or lack of parental support for Academy's policies and procedures.
- In the event a family determines the amount of financial aid awarded is not the amount of assistance that the family requested or is not sufficient to send their child to Fayetteville Academy, they may decline the financial aid offer and be released from their enrollment contact in order to withdraw/disenroll.
- If an enrolled student withdraws during the school year, the financial aid awarded is prorated for the time attended. In addition, if the awarded student does not attend school for any portion of the school year, the grant will be withdrawn.
Tuition Reimbursement Program (TRP)
Tuition Reimbursement Program (TRP) is a tuition insurance product designed to help protect the financial health of both Fayetteville Academy and its families. The TRP program helps to cushion any tuition obligation by paying up to 50% of the remaining tuition requirement to Fayetteville Academy if a student withdraws for any reason.
TRP is required for all new families and is optional for returning families. It is encouraged for any family who chooses an installment payment plan.
TRP insurance is calculated at 3.6% of tuition (excluding fees) and is collected with the first tuition payment.
Student Accident Insurance
This supplemental insurance plan provides reimbursement for medical expenses resulting from a student accident that are not covered under the student's primary insurance policy. The cost of this policy is $40 and is collected in the first tuition payment.
Admissions Referral Program
- Friends of Fayetteville Academy, except the enrolling student's immediate family (parents, grandparents, aunts/uncles, siblings, etc.), can be granted referral awards for the referral of new students enrolling for the year in grades 1-12 only.
- No referral award will be given for an enrolling student who has previously been enrolled at Fayetteville Academy or who has a sibling who is currently or has previously been enrolled at Fayetteville Academy.
- For families enrolling multiple students during their initial enrollment at Fayetteville Academy, a referral can be awarded for each student enrolling at that time.
- During the process of enrolling a new student, the enrolling parent must provide the name of the person who referred them to Fayetteville Academy.
- For each referred student who enrolls, the referring person (family) will receive a direct payment of $500.
- There is no limit to the number of referral awards that a family may receive.
- The referral award will be earned and distributed after the referred student completes their first semester at Fayetteville Academy.
Given that circumstances can vary for each particular enrollment situation, final determination of any referral to be paid will be at the sole discretion of the Head of School.